Friday, April 20

A twist on Tollhouse chocolate chip cookies!

 There is no denying the pure delectability of tollhouse cookies, but using prepackaged mixes for baking is simply unorthodox to me.   I have nothing but praise for whipping up a batch for family and close friends, but I scoff when someone brings these types of treats (especially funfetti cupcakes - come on! I know they are delicious, but talk about effort-less) to a party.  

So you can imagine my dismay when the Boston Cream Pie cake with ganache frosting I was planning on making for my last day at the office didn't pan out. (pan out, heh heh).  My pup came down with pnemonia and rather then acting reasonably, the Gilsons paniced and turned to hysteria.

Out of options I turned to the easiest tollhouse pack i could find - literally all you do is add a stick of butter and 1 egg.  To trick everyone in the office... I mean to make the cookies unique... I added:

-2 big tablespoons of cream cheese frosting (that I had from my red velvet cupcakes - recipe below!)
-2 tsp cocoa powder
-handful of white chocolate morsels
-topped off with dark chocolate morsels

Other options include: craisins, orange zest, walnuts, chocolate protein powder, toffee pieces, mint pieces, 3 tablespoons of oats or grape nut cereal or any type of granola you have in the pantry!


I mixed all the ingredients together, rolled them into golf size balls and cooked for 9-10 mins (i like them really goey) - if you want crunchy bottoms cook for 12 mins


When they came out I added some nice dark chocolate pieces into the middle then sprinkled with confectioners sugar and Wah-lah!  





No comments:

Post a Comment