Tuesday, April 10

The 2 week super skinny diet!

In lieu of binge eating easter candy to the point of self hate, I've decided to start seriously dieting and exercising first thing tomorrow.
It's exactly two weeks until I'll be filming "Hit the Road" a Weather Channel travel show with my pen pal Jenny.  Exciting, I know.  But frightening that we'll be driving down the coast of CA donning bikinis (cringe).  It's one thing to snap a photo in Miami and delete it if my love handles are protruding, It's another thing to have a camera man following as I clumsily fall off a surf board in a bikini.  yikes.  
So starting tomorrow I'll be daily posting my weight, eating and exercise schedule.  Feel free to join me on my way to super skinny!


Summary 4/8; 
 Exercise: None
Eating: Refusing to publish that, but picture what 3000 cals & 200 g of sugar would look like


Summary 4/9
Exercise: AM Spinning &  PM Pilates
Eating: 1 scoop care 1 protein powder with 1/3 cup low fat cottage cheese || 1 cup mixed veggies with 1 tsp olive oil and garlic || 2 small apples || 2 adora dark choco calcium supplements || baby carrots & 4 tsp garlic lover hummus || 1/2 cup fresh fruit || 1 scoop care one protein powder || grilled brussels sprouts and broccoli with balsamic vinegar || 2 glasses of sweet red wine
Damage: Cals 1069 Fat 34 g Cholesterol 19 mg Sodium 967 mg Carbs 98 g Fiber 13 g Protein 44 g Sugars 53 g
Reflections: ok, happy about the cals.  happy about the 2 gym appearances.  Happy that for the first time in probably 2 months i didn't dive into the peanut butter or a bag of nuts (my addiction).  At pilates I was rather unnerved by the bulging of my stomach in C-curve, and I'm mad I got the sweet red wine to bump up my sugar intake, and that I couldn't have just one dark chocolate ... but all in all, I had a pretty good day!  I even said no to homemade coconut vanilla cake at work! 


Summary 4/10
Exercise: AM Cardio and Core class
Eating: 1/2 cup old fashioned oats with fresh cranberries, raisins, 1 scoop care one protein, cinnamon || fresh strawberries, blueberries and watermelon || Spinach salad with grilled veggies and balsamic vinegar || 2 adora dark chocolate calcium supplements || baby carrots || apple || mimosa || 2 glasses of sangria || white wine || garlic lovers humus
Damage: Cals 1246  Fat 14 g Cholesterol 11 mg Sodium 432 mg Carbs 189 Fiber 18 g Protein 35 g Sugar 31 g
Reflections: hm. welp didn't need the mimosa.  or the sangrias.  or the 2 dark chocolates.  or the glass of wine when I was already very buzzed.  Fail.


Summary 4/11
Exercise: PM pilates, 20 minutes of free weights/strength training, 10 min elliptical
Eating: banana || apple || spinach salad with grilled veggies and balsamic || fresh berries and watermelon || baby carrots || grilled veggies with mrs. refrenos mango habanero salsa || 5 olives || cantaloupe slices || 1 adora dark chocolate 
Damage: Cals 534 Fat 10 g Cholesterol 0 mg Sodium 1023 mg Carbs 101 g Fiber 14 g Protein 4 g Sugars 66 g
Reflections: Victory, right? With only 534 cals and not a rumbling belly?  Wrong.  Not nearly enough protein and way too much sugar and sodium (the salsa and olives are the culprits).  Happy that I didn't waste half my calories on alcohol today though.  success! 


Summary 4/12
Exercise: AM Spinning class
Eating: 3/4 cup fat free cottage cheese || 1 scoop care one protein powder || apple || egg white omelet, 1 tsp olive oil with spinach, mushrooms, jalapenos, tabasco sauce || watermelon and berries || baby carrots with miso dressing || adora dark chocolate calcium supplement || 4 tsp garlic hummus with carrots || cantaloupe 
Damage: Cals 752 Fat 16g Chol 25mg Sodium 1257mg Carbs 82g Fiber 13g Protein 58g Sugar 43g
Reflections: Way too much sodium again, but that's what you get with fat free cottage cheese.  I'll have to make sure to go no added salt next time. Other than that.. boo yeah! What an amazing day chock full of protein! And I really am super full! And killed it in spinning. AND said no to reeses pieces at work. 




Summary 4/13
Exercise: Absolutely nothing.
Eating: fresh fruit cup || apple || grapefruit slices || spinach salad with balsamic dressing and grilled vegetables || cucumber slices || baby carrots || forty spices hummus || a few baked tortilla chips || 4 glasses of Sangria
Damage: Cals 1037 Fat 9g Chol 77mg Sodium 515mg Carbs 150g Fiber 9g  Protein 10g Sugar 33g
Reflections: HATE that I didn't lift a single weight or break a sweat. Other than that, not feeling too guilty about throwing back the Sangria, it's Friday after all :)


Summary 4/14
Exercise: Hiked Blue Hills Mountain with the girls
Eating: Apple || guacamole, salsa and nachos || Raspberry Margarita || White Sangria || sampling of protein bars at the Boston fitness expo || mimosa || vodka soda cran || salad with avocado, grilled chicken, greek dressing || Kashi dark chocolate and coconut bar || 2 vodka sodas
Damage: Cals 2119 Fat 80g Chol 39mg Sodium 1287mg Carbs 119g Fiber 19g Protein 34g Sugar 31g
Reflections: WOOF.  so upset with myself for today.  drink after drink washed down with greasy chips and sugar ladden protein bars.  And i didn't even work out! Epic fail.


Summary 4/15
Exercise: weight machines, jogging outdoors
Eating: Apple || cooked broccoli || salad with greek dressing and avocado || baby carrots with spicey mustard dip || chocolate vitamin chew || 2 cups of red grapes || grilled vegetables with balsamic vinegar || 2 glasses of sweet red wine || walnuts
Damage: Cals 874 Fat 33g Chol 15mg Sodium 864 Carbs 87 Fiber 13g Protein 9g Sugar 51g
Reflections: Well I drank so much yestd that I am surprisingly happy with how I stayed strong despite a dreadful hangover.  My exercise was pathetic, and i could have done without the wine ..but oh well, at least I'm back on track a little. Pitiful protein intake to top it off.


Summary 4/16
Exercise: AM spinning class
Eating: 3/4 cup cottage cheese || 1 scoop protein powder || grapefruit || apple || spinach salad with grilled vegs || cucumber and pepper slices || mai tai || 3 glasses of sangria || grilled vegetables || baby carrots with spicey mustard sauce
Damage: Cals 1036 Fat 3g Chol 23mg Sodium 1130mg Carbs 158g Fiber 8g Protein 38g Sugars 45g
Reflections:  I'm embarrassed about posting how much I've been slugging 'em back!  But yestd was Marathon monday and the entire city was out celebrating an 80 degree day.  Plus my boss surprised us with office Mai Tais, can't really say no, it'd be rude!   I need to cut back on my sodium bad. I'm holding on to water weight and looking puffy.  My goal for the next 5 days is to keep carbs and fat low, cals around 1000 and protein up around 30 or 40.   The day before I leave maybe I'll skip fruit (even though I lOVE it) to keep carbs and sugar at bay.


Summary 4/17
Exercise: AM cardio & core class
Eating: Cottage cheese || 1 scoop protein powder || 1 small banana || grapefruit and pineapple || trader joes trail mix || spinach salad with grilled veg || watermelon || mrs renfros mango habanera salsa || cucumbers || bell pepper || walnuts 
Damage:Cals 672 fat 20g chol 13mg sodium 705mg carbs 86g fiber 11g protein 30g sugar 54g
Reflections: Nice not putting any alcohol in my system. could've done without the sugar laden trail mix, but I've been seriously lacking in solid protein, so nuts are a plus!

Summary 4/18

Exercise: AM interval class, PM pilates
Eating: cottage cheese with protein powder, cinnamon, handful of Post cranberry crunch || orange || pineapple chunks || spinach salad with balsamic || cucumber and pepper slices || grilled chicken with onions, mixed vegetables and tomato salad || cucumbers with spicey mustard dip || glass sweet red wine
Damage: Cals 832 Fat 20g Chol 88mg Sodium 698mg Carbs 84g Fiber 10g Protein 58g Sugars 50g
Reflections: LOVED enjoying a sit down dinner with my mom and dad tonight. Especially a healthy one! Today was a great day of eating and exercise.  I didn't need the post cereal, but it just tastes so good!

Summary 4/19
Exercise: AM spinning
Eating: a little cottage cheese || small grilled banana || 1/4 cup post cranberry crunch cereal with 1/4 cup skim milk || apple || orange || grilled chicken breast with mixed veg and sliced tomato salad || cucumbers, pepper slices, carrots || 5 pickled jalepeno slices || 2 glasses of moscato
Damage: Cals 923 Fat 17g Chol 76mg Carbs 118g Fiber 12g Protein 40g Sugars 61g

Reflections: Feeling bad about breakfast and eating more of that dreaded sugar laden cereal, but I made cookies tonight and did not even eat one! (hence the glasses of wine).  Talk about will power - I've don't work on cookie dough before, so I deserve a pat on the back AND 2 glasses of wine.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment