Thursday, February 16

Weekend in Stowe, VT: DINING

DUTCH PANCAKE HOUSE
   Boasting the NY Times praise "The world's most Decadent Breakfast", the Dutch Pancake House at the Grey Fox Inn is a Stowe must.
   The menu offers more than 80 variations of the dutch pancake, which is a magical 12" crepe-like pancake with anything and everything baked into or sprinkled atop. To be difficult, I made up my own with bananas, blueberries, toasted coconut and walnuts... and it truly was decadent.  These pancakes give you an excuse to let the locally produced maple syrup free flowly.  I also had the joy of sinking my fork into a dutch pancake with eggs, bacon, and cheddar cheese baked into it.  Might sound unappealing, but I wasn't shy with the maple syrup on this unique twist on the traditional breakfast either.
   Oh and the mimosas are only $6.50, and the bloody marys are made with locally distilled vodka. 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment