Friday, February 3

Fashion Fridays

So in the never ending battle to stay chic and trendy while living on mere pennies, I come to you with my new blog idea (i know, this blog is all over the place).   I die for over the top trends and would wear anything fun and outragous, but unfortunately Boston doesn't share my same style obsession.  So here it goes.  The first of many Fashion Fridays.

My February affordable obsessions:
*Jeans: grey and dark blue (Macys)
*Nail polish: Rimmel steel grey (cvs)
*Makeup: Michael khors makeup line with Estee Lauder, esp the blush + eye shadow palette (Macys)
*Look: silky summer dresses in neutrals/light colors with a plain sweater over & tights
*Shoes: 6 inch + platform lace up booties (Bakers)
*Pattern: anything paisley, neutral or dark colors
*Velvet: get a pair of velvet skinnys! also long sleeve velvet dresses are a must (American Apparel)
*Tops: Fell in love with a white blouse/black color oversized shirt from the 80s hidden in my mom's closet. it has diamond buttons and detailing around the neckline. Found similar ones at (Zara)
*Accessories: (like always) over stated and layered jewelry & infinity scarves. Oh and those adorable little fur neck scarves, too cute. I'm big into dark grey & purple opaque tights too. Chain headbands. Light pink big rimmed glasses frames. (Francescas)



I know, quite a scowl on my face. But Fridays morning aren't my best when I spend Thursday nights at a launch of National Jean Company's new store on Newbury with free flowing prosecco floats and stoli drinks.
But anyways, how cute right? Perfect for Friday .. because I can sub out the white longsleeve for a silky top and the flats for heels and I'm ready to club it! (okay well maybe, a re-application of makeup and some fake eye lashes and i'd be ready to club it, but you get the idea)
Necklace: Gift from boyfriend for xmas  (but you could find a similar one at anthropologie for $20)
Shirt: Old Navy, $6   ...switch to white tank top $4, H&M
Fur Vest: Marc Jacobs, Gift from Mom for xmas (but you could find a similar one for $20 at h&m, bought an off-white one yesterday)
Skinny black dress pants: Target, $20, these are a god-sent.  Cotton-Spandex blend.  Fits like really thick leggings, but there is a clever pleat down the front and back that make them office appropriate. Bought them in Dark Grey too.
Ring: So Good Jewelry, $6
Shoes: Boutique in Naples, Italy, 10euros (similar ones at Zapatos)

TOTAL: $70

No comments:

Post a Comment