Wednesday, April 11

Paint Nite: Boston's BEST date idea!

So I discovered something so amazing that if my blog had any followers (really even just one) I wouldn't post about this hidden gem.

Drum roll.  Keep it rolling..
Ok. Paint Nite.

Expecting nothing more a few paint brushes and pieces of paper, you can imagine my delight when I walked down the stairs of Clerys bar toting my glass of red sangria.  Three rows of easels with large blank canvases propped made me so giddy I nearly bumped into the girl handing me my bundle of well kept paint brushes.  Giggling like school children, Sarah and I let ourselves be guided over to the paint station where we pumped the appropriate squirts of acrylic paint onto our palate (ok the palate was just a white plastic plate, but I'm claiming 100% accuracy for the rest of my description).  We chose a seat next to the little radio pumping out Michael Buble and anxiously awaited our first instruction.

I immediately wished the instructor was my bff with her stark humor and calming sense of assurance as our brave leader. (ok that was dramatization too - but she was wicked cool).  She had painted a brightly colored depiction of flowers shining in the moonlight - something that seemed completely impossible upon first glance.  Step by step she walked us through our painting, all the while cocktail waitresses buzzed about refreshing our palates (heh heh).

I can't say mine was the best, but the sense of accomplishment was beaming off all 30 of our faces after the two hour class was through.  I truthfully would have bought the painting for $35, which makes the class fee much more than justifiable in my eyes.   While everyone's painting came out a little different, the camaraderie felt among the group was unparalleled.

Paint Nite is the perfect date or the perfect place to reconnect with a friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment