Friday, March 23

Sugar Cane Restaurant, Bridgewater, MA

Small and cozy with a burbling exotic fish tank and clean simple decor, I was very pleased with the atmosphere at Sugar Cane in Bridgewater, MA.

The menu is expanisve and virtually unconquerable.  A mix of Thai, Asian and chinese dishes, you should arrive with an appetite!

The drink menu is less than impressive, offering a few beers and house wines.  They do however have a few low priced sakis to chose from, including my personal favorite - plum wine.  


In an attempt to slow the expanding of my waist, I ordered a house salad with ginger dressing and the steamed veggies and tofu with peanut sauce.  The salad was disappointing - with a creamy dressing and dry lettuce.    I was equally unsatisfied with my meal, which came with an oily peanut sauce on the side. Nonetheless, I blame myself for trying to order healthy over getting what I really wanted - the crispy orange chicken followed by a friend honey banana sundae.

My mom ordered the lemongrass veggies with grilled shrimp in a house brown sauce over sticky rice.  The flavor was nice and not overpowering.  I also enjoyed the presentation of her dish - with small carrots cut into the shape of flowers.

I would definitely return to Sugar Cane, especially on a date, but I wasn't impressed with my choices this time around.

2 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment